Registration for 2017 is now open!
2016 Race Results & Photos
The Boston Police Department and Boston Police Runner's Club invite you to the 13th running of Boston's Run To Remember on Sunday, May 28, 2017. Boston’s Run To Remember is a half marathon or 5 mile run through historic downtown Boston. Number pick up and Sports and Fitness expo is Saturday May 28th. The race start and the Expo will be held at the Seaport World Trade Center, Boston.
Honor all 1st Responders killed in the line of duty by celebrating their lives and giving back to the community.
Net proceeds benefit Community and kids programs of the Boston Police Runner's Club.
Race Day Run Info
Thank you all very much for your tremendous support of Boston's Run To Remember
Both races start at 7:00 AM and there is an overall 3 hour limit for road closures
A big thank you for choosing to run the 2017 Boston's Run to Remember. Our race is produced by a small number of police, their family and friends who volunteer many hours to offer this great event. This run serves as a tribute to fallen 1st Responders and raises important funds for local charities. Because we're a volunteer driven event, we will not be able to respond to emails and contacts as we head into final preparation for a successful event. Any changes or adjustments can be made when you come to the Expo to pick up your packet on Friday, May 27 or Saturday, May 28. In the meantime, answers to most questions are available on the race website.
Thank you again for running. We know you'll have an amazing run through beautiful downtown Boston. As a special note heading into this event, the volunteers of Boston's Run To Remember are thinking about the family and friends of Officer Tarentino in this tragic time. We thank all 1st Responders for their daily efforts to protect us all.
Top 10 Notices
- PARKING: Parking and directions to parking lots is at the end of this email. Be sure to scout parking areas when you arrive to pick up your race packet on Friday or Saturday. Seaport Blvd. will close at 4am on raceday.
- ARRIVAL: Plan to arrive by 6am - Take into account the traffic created by 10,000 runners convening at one time.
- RACE PACKETS: Please pick up your raceday packet at our Expo Friday 5-7pm or Saturday 9am-5pm (Seaport World Trade Center, 200 Seaport Blvd., Boston - map). You may have a friend or family member pick up your bib for you. Plus, don't forget to select your coin that fits inside your finisher medal as well. All runner bib packets will be filed under the runner's last name, you do not need to know your bib number to pick up.
- WEEKEND CELEBRATION: Boston's Run To Remember is more than just a run, it's a weekend long celebration at the Seaport World Trade Center Boston. Join us with free admission on Saturday, May 28 for fun for the whole family. There's even a Free Kids Fun Run on Saturday at 10am. Just a few of the many activities include: Shriner Clowns, story teller, face painting, inflatable attractions, DJ music, and, if available, a demonstration by the Police Dogs.
- SECURITY: Upon arrival all runners and spectators entering the start and finish area or the World Trade Center will pass through security. We strongly recommend using clear plastic bags for any items being carried into the area. Clear bags will be available at the Expo. Baby bags will be allowed - but will be searched. Runners arriving with no bag or a clear bags will move through security much quicker.
- LOCKERS: The Mobile Locker Co. will be onsite again this year so you can lock up your stuff and race stress-free! Locker rentals start at $5, or rent online in advance to save 20%: The better alternative to bag check - Reserve your locker now www.themobilelockerco.com
- 2017 REGISTRATION: Want to register for the 2017 Boston's Run to Remember or our Los Angeles race? Register for the lowest rate available at our expo on Friday or Saturday (Registration is cash only - reduced rate will not be available on Sunday).
- RACE MERCHANDISE: Looking for race merchandise? Purchase at the Expo or on raceday (cash only).
- SWITCHING RACES: You may switch races at packet pick up only. Be sure to use the correct number for your race for safety and correct scoring.
- REGISTRATION STILL OPEN: Online registration ends Thursday night May 26th. If you have friends or family that want to join you and run, please tell them to register before Thursday online or to register at our Expo event on Saturday, May 28th.
Frequently Asked Questions
- STROLLERS: NO Strollers - in either race! This is a safety issue for not only the well behaved child, but especially for the 10,000 other runners that will be with it. The licensing authorities state no strollers for events this size.
- WALKING: Walkers are not allowed on the Half Marathon Course. Walkers may walk the 5 Mile as those streets are closed longer. There is a 3 hour limit on street closures per order of the city. The city feels there are 63 walkathons in the city for people to walk. They want us to stress that the Half Marathon course is a run. If you alternate running with occassional walking - and you can finish within 3 hours you will be fine.
- DEFERRALS: As clearly stated when registering and as is the case for almost all races this size - we do not offer deferrals for another year or refunds.
- START TYPE: We will be using a pulse start. Corals are not pre-assigned. There will be PACE signs. You should link up based upon the pace you will be running. Finish times for age groups is based upon your net time. Your time starts when you cross the start line.
- REGISTRATION CHANGES: If you need to make any changes to your registration this can easily be done at the expo when picking up your bib. There will be volunteers who can make changes in the database.
- SECURITY: Remember the new normal for large scale events - try to bring only clear bags with you to the race. At the Saturday expo we will have clear bags available at the TShirt booth. There will be security check points as in the past three years that you will have to go through to get into the start and finish line areas on Sunday. The clear bags, or no bags will make the experience quicker. There will be self serve bag check, that is not staffed, there will also be mobile lockers that you can rent while there, the best rule is to leave valuables in your car or at home.
- CHARITY: To our many charity runners - CONGRATULATIONS on the tremendous difference you make - last year charities benefitted by over $400,000 from this event.
- ON COURSE: We will have Gatorade stations at multiple locations on the Half Marathon course and once on the 5-Mile course. We will also have GU available at one station for the Half Marathon.
- DOGS: No Dogs Allowed
- EXPERIENCE: With over 10,000 runners, there may be many who are out there to achieve a PR or to win an age group, - if you are not in that category - then it is all about enjoying the experience. You will do fine! Come prepared to be with 10,000 running friends that are there for the same reason you are - to honor 1st Responders, to enjoy the experience and to be able to say - you did it!
Visit us at the race weekend expo.
Friday 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
or pre-race Sunday morning starting at 5:45 AM
Both races start at 7:00 AM
Remember traffic in the area will be heavy and there will be lines on race morning, so it is best to register early.
Race Expo and Race Start
World Trade Center
200 Seaport Blvd, Boston
DID YOU KNOW WE'RE EXPANDING?CHECK OUT OUR LATEST RACE ON THE WEST COAST.www.RunToRememberLA.org